Homemade Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin soup is a favourite among Australians, both young and old. Learn to make homemade pumpkin soup by following this super simple recipe. This pumpkin soup recipe provides up to 10 servings and is made in under 40 minutes.
- Recipe serves:8 to 10
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time25 min
- 2 kg pumpkin, diced
- 2 Continental Stockpot Chicken Salt Reduced
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- ½ cup thick cream
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan, add pumpkin and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add 1 litre of water and Continental Stock Pot, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add Parmesan and cream and cook for a further 1-2 minutes. Blend, then strain through a sieve for a fine finish or use a whisk for a chunkier result. Serve with warm crusty bread.
- Hint Make for 10 and freeze the remainder, when reheating warm through gently don’t re boil or the cream will split.