Spaghetti Bolognaise with Mushroom
Of the many minced beef recipes we’ve tried, nothing could be simpler or more appealing on a cold night than a steaming bowl of warming spag-bol. This delicious Italian beef spaghetti bolognese will have your family’s mouths watering and is ready in just 30 minutes – a truly quick and easy recipe.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 500g lean beef mince
- 1 packet Continental® Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Base
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 x 425g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 250g dried spaghetti
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan and brown the mince. Add the
- Recipe Base, mushrooms, tomatoes and water; stir well.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti following directions on packet.
- Drain spaghetti and divide between bowls.
- Spoon over the Bolognese sauce and top with Parmesan, parsley and season with a little cracked black pepper.
- This easy spaghetti goes well paired with a glass of red wine.