CHOW MEIN STIR FRY NOODLES
A traditional Chinese favourite dish – Chow Mein. Learn to cook this simple Chow Mein recipe with either beef or pork. Serves four people in less than 30 minutes.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 500g lean pork or beef mince
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 packet Continental Chow Mein Mince Recipe Base
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 x 350g packet fresh Singapore noodles
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- Heat 2 teaspoons vegetable oil in a large pan and brown mince.
- Add mushrooms, carrots, Chow Mein Mince recipe base and ¾ cup (190ml) water. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli and keep covered for another 3 minutes.
- Rinse noodles under running warm water to loosen, add to the mince and warm through. Sprinkle with spring onions before serving.
- Hint: Add a tablespoon of salt reduced soy sauce and toss through the final dish