Roasted Lamb with Spinach & Ricotta
Stuffed with fresh spinach and salty ricotta cheese, our lamb loin chops recipe is one of the simplest and tastiest slow roasted lamb dishes around. This classic roasted lamb serves 4 people and takes 90 minutes to cook. Just don’t cook it too long to prevent drying out.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time75 min
- 1kg lamb loin, trimmed, belly attached
- 1 bunch English spinach
- 150grams ricotta
- 4 kg potatoes cut
- 1 sweet potato, cut
- 1 packet Continental Cook-in-Bag Classic Roast Lamb
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Pick the spinach leaves and place in a colander, pour over boiling water, refresh spinach in cold water and drain.
- Lay the lamb loin flat and fill with the spinach and ricotta. Roll the lamb around the filling and tie with butchers twine.
- Place the lamb, cut vegetables and Classic Roast Lamb Recipe Base in the provided roasting bag and shake gently to coat.
- Place the lamb in the oven and reduce the temperature to 180˚c. Cook for 50 minutes or until done.
- Serve the lamb sliced with the vegetables.
- Hint: To make gravy, pour the sauce from the bag into a saucepan and thicken with corn flour.