Prawn Chicken & Pea Paella
Whatever name you choose to call it, this easy pea paella recipe is a popular Spanish rice dish that can easily be one of your favourite prawn recipes too. Ready in just six sizzling minutes, this delicious melange of fish and meat is sure to be a summer seafood hit for four hungry hearts.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time20 min
- Cooking time40 min
- 2 Tbsp. Flora Original spread
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 500g green prawns, peeled, deveined
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 Continental Stock Pot Chicken
- 2½ cups water
- ½ tsp. saffron threads
- 1 cup short-grain rice (such as arborio or Spanish)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen peas
- ¹⁄³ cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, roughly chopped, to serve
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Heat spread and oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add prawns to pan and cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until they change colour. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add tomato, Stock Pot Chicken, water and saffron, stir until combined, then bring to the boil.
- Stir in rice, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Return chicken to pan with peas and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through, then add prawns and stir to coat in the mixture.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
- Tip: You can serve this chicken and prawn recipe with tapas or eat on its own.