Jacket Potatoes with Beefy Mince
The humble jacket potato is at its best when baked in its skin, and it’s most delicious when smothered in a rich concoction of beef mince, fresh herbs, veggies and cheese. One of our most popular mince beef recipes, this dish is a winner at the appetizer table with a round of drinks.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time45 min
- 4 potatoes (700g), washed,
- 2 teaspoons oil,
- 500g lean beef mince,
- 1 packet Continental® Rich Beefy Mince Recipe Base,
- 1 x 130g can corn kernels, drained,
- 1 carrot, diced,
- 1 cup (250ml) water,
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese,
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley,
- fresh salad for serving
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Wrap the potatoes in foil and place into the centre of the oven, allow to bake for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a fry pan or saucepan and brown mince. Add the Recipe Base, corn kernels, carrot and water, stir well. Cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring regularly, until minced is cooked. Keep warm.
- Remove potatoes from foil and cut a cross in the top of each one, press sides to open and generously fill with the mince. Top with cheese and parsley. If desired, place under a preheated grill to melt the cheese until golden brown.
- Serve this beef mince recipe with a garden salad