Italian Meatball Sub
Beef meatballs aren’t just made for pasta! This beef meatball recipe will show you that beef and tomato sauce are good on bread too. Try them out on this delicious sub and smother with melted cheese for a sandwich with a difference!
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 500g lean beef mince,
- 1 egg,
- 1 cup breadcrumbs,
- 2 teaspoons olive oil,
- 1 packet Continental® Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe Base,
- 1 cup (250ml) water,
- 1 x 425g can chopped tomatoes,
- 4 soft long bread rolls, split,
- 8 slices tasty cheese, halved,
- Fresh salad for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the mince, egg and breadcrumbs; mix well and roll into balls.
- Heat a large fry pan to moderately hot, add the oil. Place in the beef meatballs, allow to brown before adding the Recipe Base, water and tomatoes. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the meatballs are cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Place the meatballs and sauce into bread rolls that have been cut in half, top with cheese. Serve this beef meatball recipe with a fresh salad.