Garlicky Roast Lamb with Sweet Potato
A delicious winter recipe favourite, Garlicky Roast Lamb with Sweet Potato will have your guests warming to you in no time. Easy to prepare and served hot in one hour, this easy roast lamb with its beautiful brown sheen and fresh vegetables is a dish that simply demands compliments.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation time16 min
- Cooking time60 min
- 1.5 kg leg of lamb
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- 10 small sprigs of rosemary
- 6 small potatoes, peeled and halved
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 600g sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 packet Continental Cook-in-Bag Classic Roast Lamb with Vegetables Recipe Base
- 1½ cups (375mL) beef stock
- 2 tablespoons cornflour mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Using a sharp knife cut 10 slits into the lamb, push a clove of garlic and sprig of rosemary in each one.
- Place lamb and vegetables into roasting bag, add Recipe base and close bag using included tie. Gently rotate bag to coat evenly.
- Place on a baking tray, pierce top of bag with a skewer to vent and roast for 1¼ hours or until cooked.
- Place lamb and vegetables on a serving plate and pour juices from bag into a saucepan, add stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the cornflour mixture, stirring constantly, until gravy thickens. Serve with lamb and vegetables.
- Hint: For a faster cooking roast lamb recipe, use a boneless rolled leg of lamb. It reduces cooking time by 15-20