Kiwi Beef Burger
This beef mince recipe shows you how to make delicious Kiwi burgers from scratch. It’s Kiwi on a bun – a real Kiwi burger recipe with ground beef patties, crusty bread, crispy lettuce, melted cheese, caramelised onion and a slice of beetroot. Add Wagyu beef to really set tongues wagging.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 min
- Cooking time20 min
- 1 packet Continental® Rissoles Recipe Base
- 500g lean mince beef (or Wagyu Beef)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- Cooking oil spray
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns, split in half
- ½ iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 x 225g can sliced beetroot, drained
- 4 slices tasty cheese
- Extra tomato sauce for serving
- Prepare the Recipe Base following packet instructions using the mince beef, egg and sauce. Shape in to 4 burger patties, place to one side.
- Preheat a barbecue hot plate to moderately hot, lightly spray with oil. Place the patties on the hot plate, cook for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through, and brown.
- Whilst the patties cook, add the oil to the hot plate and place the onions on to cook, allowing to become soft and caramelized; season with a little black pepper.
- Place the burger buns, cut side down, around the edge of the hot plate, to warm through and slightly colour. To assemble the Australian Beef Burgers,
- remove the buns from the barbecue and place the shredded lettuce on the base of each. Place the tomato and beetroot slices on top. Carefully place the mince beef patties on top and a slice of cheese, top with the onions and a little of the extra sauce.