Asian Style Pork
Impress your guests at lunch or dinner with this simple to cook Asian pork recipe. Start with pork loins and a spare 10 minutes for a fast and easy preparation. Then cook for an hour in the oven for a restaurant quality sweet, salty Asian style pork dish that will be the envy of your local take-away.
- Recipe serves:6
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time60 min
- 11/2kg pork loin, boneless, rind off, and rolled
- 1 x 425g can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet Continental® Cook in Bag Honey BBQ Chicken Recipe Base
- 1/4 cup toasted cashew nuts
- 3 shallot or spring onion, sliced
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Place pork into roasting bag. In a bowl, mix together the Recipe Base, tomato, peanut butter, ginger, soy, garlic, sesame oil; spoon over and rub into pork. Close bag using included tie.
- Place on oven tray, in a single layer. Pierce top of bag 4- 5 times with a skewer to vent; tuck end of bag into tray.
- Cook on centre rack of oven for 1 hour or until cooked through (if you have a meat probe, the temperature should reach 72°C). Remove from oven, rest in bag for 10 minutes before serving.
- Spoon cooked rice onto a serving platter. Remove pork from bag, slice, then arrange on top of rice. Pour the bag juices over pork. Sprinkle with nuts and shallots.
- Recipe Hint: Asian Style Pork is best served with steamed rice and sprinkled with toasted cashews or peanuts, and sliced spring onion.