Swiss Brown Mushroom & Bacon Pasta Recipe with Peas
Try something a little special for dinner with our Swiss brown mushroom & bacon pasta recipe. Handpicked from the Continental recipes collection, cook in just 20 minutes.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 cups Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Creamy Mushroom & Bacon Pasta & Sauce
- 1 cup (250mL) reduced fat milk
- 1 1/3 cup (330mL) hot water
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or fry pan and brown mushrooms.
- Add Pasta & Sauce, milk and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through peas a few minutes before the end of cooking. Sprinkle with chives before serving.
- Hint: Serve topped with a little shaved Parmesan or reduced fat feta *If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase the liquid added to 1¾ cups (440mL) hot water and 1½ cups (375mL) reduced fat milk.