Pepper Pasta Recipe with Pumpkin & Roasted Red Capsicum
Try Continental’s Pepper pasta recipe with pumpkin & roasted red capsicum. Ready in just 20 minutes and serving 3-4 this recipe is perfect for friends & the whole family.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Creamy Mushroom, Garlic & Black Pepper Pasta & Sauce
- 1 1/3 cups (330mL) reduced fat milk
- 1 cup (250mL) hot water
- ¾ cup chopped roasted red capsicum
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or fry pan and brown pumpkin.
- Add Pasta & Sauce, milk and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through capsicum a few minutes before the end of cooking. Sprinkle with pine nuts before serving.
- Hint: Top with some chopped fresh herbs before serving *If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase the liquid added to 1¾ cups (440mL) hot water and 1½ cups (375mL) reduced fat milk.