Tomato Pasta with Bacon, Chilli & Basil Recipe
Cook a delicious family meal in just 20 minutes with Continental’s tomato pasta with bacon, chilli and basil recipe. Serves 3-4.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 rashers short cut bacon, trimmed of visible fat and sliced
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Savoury Tomato & Onion Pasta & Sauce
- 2½ cups (625mL) hot water
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or fry pan and brown bacon.
- Add Pasta & Sauce and water to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through chilli and basil to serve.
- Hint: Stir through 2 tablespoons reduced fat ricotta at the end of cooking. *If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase the liquid added to 1¾ cups (440mL) hot water and 1½ cups (375mL) reduced fat milk.