Pasta Carbonara Recipe with Mushrooms & Spinach
Try our deliciously quick pasta carbonara recipe with mushrooms and spinach. A treat for friends or the entire family, prepare and cook in just 20 minutes.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 400g skinless chicken breast, trimmed and sliced
- 2 cups halved button mushrooms
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Bacon Carbonara Pasta & Sauce,
- 1 cup (250mL) reduced fat milk
- 1¼ cups (310mL) hot water
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- Brown chicken and mushrooms in a little olive oil.
- Add Pasta & Sauce, milk and water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Stir through spinach until wilted before serving.
- Hint: Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts *If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase the liquid added to 1¾ cups (440mL) hot water and 1½ cups (375mL) reduced fat milk.