Chicken & Basil Rice Cakes Recipe
Enjoy a light treat this summer with our chicken & basil rice cakes recipe. Easy to prepare and ready in just 40 minutes, our summer snack couldn’t be easier.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time30 min
- 200g skinless trimmed chicken breast
- 1 Continental Chicken Rice, Value Pack
- 1 2/3 cups (415mL) hot water
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan, finely grated
- Salad for serving
- Preheat oven to 190°C and grease a large 6 hole muffin pan. Place chicken on a baking tray and cook for 15-20 minutes until cooked. Allow to cool slightly before dicing.
- While chicken is cooking place Rice and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir, recover and stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir through eggs, chicken and basil. Divide between baking pan, sprinkle with cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Serve with salad.
- Hint: Great for kids’ lunch boxes.