Five Spice Steak Recipe with Oriental Rice Salad
Welcome spring this five spice steaks, salad & oriental rice recipe, it serves 4 people in just fewer than 25 mins.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time10 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 1 Continental Oriental Rice, Value Pack
- 1 2/3 cups (415mL) hot water
- ¼ cup olive oil based salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons five spice
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 4 x 150g lean rump steaks, trimmed of fat
- ¼ cup mint leaves, torn
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup spring onions, sliced
- Place Rice and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Stir, recover and stand for 2 minutes.
- Stir through salad dressing and allow to cool before refrigerating until cold.
- Mix together five spice and oil and spread over steaks before barbecuing.
- Stir mint, coriander, cucumber and spring onions through the rice and serve with the barbecued steaks.
- Hint: vary this mid week meal using your favorite spices on the meat