Chicken Nasi Goreng Recipe
Try your hand at an Indonesian classic with our easy to follow chicken nasi goring recipe. Prepare and cook in just 25 minutes. Serves 3-4.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 400g skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Satay Rice
- 1 2/3 cup (415mL) hot water
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non stick pan and add eggs, cook until almost set and then flip over. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Brown chicken in remaining oil. Add Seasoned Rice, water and carrot and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir through cabbage, replace lid and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Serve rice topped with sliced omelette.
Hint: Add a few cooked prawns at the end of cooking.Hint: Add a few cooked prawns at the end of cooking.
*If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase water added to 500mL.