Mexican Beefy Rice Recipe.
Spice up lunch or your evening meal with our easy to follow Mexican Beefy Rice recipe. Prepare and cook in just 20 minutes. Serves 3-4.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 packs Continental Rich Beef & Mushroom Rice
- 2 cups (500mL) hot water
- 2 diced tomato
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Avocado and lite sour cream to serve
- Heat a little olive oil and brown mince.
- Stir in Seasoned Rice, water, tomato and beans. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir well, replace lid and allow to stand for 2 minutes before serving. Serve topped with avocado and sour cream.
- Hint: For an authentic Mexican twist add 1 teaspoon cumin to the mince when browning.