Chicken San Choy Bow Recipe
Cook up the flavours of Asia with our simple chicken san choy bow recipe. Prepare and cook in just 20 minutes. Serves 3-4.
- Recipe serves:3 to 4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 400g lean chicken mince
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Oriental Fried Rice
- 1 2/3 cup (415mL) hot water
- ½ cup chopped water chestnuts
- 8 Iceberg lettuce leaves
- ¼ cup sliced spring onions
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or fry pan and brown chicken and mushrooms.
- Stir in Seasoned Rice and water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir through water chestnuts, replace lid and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Serve rice in lettuce leaves and sprinkle with spring onions.
Hint: Use lean pork mince in place of chicken.
*If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase water added to 500mL.