Hong Kong Chicken Rice Recipe
Create an authentic taste of Asia with our simple Hong Kong chicken rice recipe. Prepare and cook in just 20 minutes. Serves 3-4.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time5 min
- Cooking time15 min
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 250g skinless chicken breast, trimmed and diced
- 1 rasher short cut bacon, trimmed of visible fat and diced
- 1 Value Pack* Continental Chicken Rice
- 1 2/3 cup (415mL) hot water
- 1 cup chopped green beans
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup sliced spring onions
- Heat oil in a large saucepan or fry pan and brown chicken and bacon.
- Stir in Seasoned Rice, water and beans and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Stir through egg, replace lid and allow to stand for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with spring onions before serving.
Hint: Use mixed frozen vegetables in place of the beans.
*If Value Packs are unavailable, replace with 2 Standard Packs and increase water added to 500mL.